Monday, February 4, 2013

Brother Gyme Sunday Evening 2/3/13



Brother Gyme Sunday Evening 2/3/13
Psa 139:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Psa 139:2  Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

Aren’t you glad that we have a God that understands us and our thoughts?  He understands us when we do not.  Sometimes we don’t understand ourselves.  We can trust God with our life and with our self. 

God knows what is going on in this country.  This thought is the thought that comforts me.  There is nothing going to happen that He doesn’t let happen.  The scripture tells us that those that set a trap will be caught in their own web.  God knows our thoughts and our needs. 

He knows how to supply our needs.  The enemy likes to separate us and tell us that we are the only one that is going through that.  That is a lie.  We all were born with the carnal nature.  Life is common and we are all going to face the same things. 

How many times has someone given a testimony and it is what you needed.  Many times!

Psa 139:3  Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
Psa 139:4  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
Psa 139:5  Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Psa 139:6  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Aren’t you glad that we have God?  Some things are better left with God.  David taught to not touch things too high for us.  We need to rest in that.  There are some answers that we don’t need to know.  We can trust God with those things.  There is a peace in that.  There are some things that we leave to the pastor.  God will give him the ability to care for that.

Psa 139:7  Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8  If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Psa 139:9  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Psa 139:10  Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Psa 139:11  If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
Psa 139:12  Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

God knows everything. 

Psa 139:13  For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
Psa 139:14  I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

This scripture came to me a few weeks ago.  Thou art fearfully and wonderfully made.  The universe is orderly and everything works together.  God wants to do that with all our lives.  Everything is bounded and twisted together.  God knows how to make it all work.  He knows how to make all our lives work.  God knows who is on the job and what will happen next week.  He has put it all together.

We can have rest because He put it together and it works.  God does not change.  The same pathway for me is the one for anyone that gets saved.  We all started where the new sister started today.  No one gets a pass.  Just like you and me when God shines light and she measures then that is the pathway.  You and I don’t have to know anything else than the pathway that is lit ahead of us. 

We cannot exercise ourselves on things that are too high for us.  Start meditating on the world’s problems and the unrest and you will be in turmoil.  Take the one step that God shines for you and that is all we need.  God already knows everything else.  If we will obey then we can rest. 

We just need to know the next step.  I don’t know what all the word teaches, we don’t need to know it all.  To be saved, we don’t have to know all the doctrines.  All we have to do is follow the next step that God shows us.

We all had to come the same way.  We had to turn from sin, we have to forsake it.  We all had bad habits; I chewed and was an alcoholic when I wasn’t saved.  If we fail after getting saved, if we ask God to help us then we can trust that He will take us all the way and will deliver us from what we need to deliver us from.  He knows how to deliver and lead because he put it all together.  He knows all of you.

Look at what He created and it is all intertwined; it is all his.  Look at what he created; it is all intertwined, and it all works together.  Surely we can trust Him to lead us to the next step.  He is God.


No comments:

Post a Comment