Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 9/9/12



Brother Gary Sunday Evening 9/9/12
Psa 42:1  To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
Psa 42:2  My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Every place that you go, there are people that are searching for God.  They don’t realize that what they are searching for is God.  David knew that he needed God. 

I preach to myself and I ask you to exhort me back, “Do you realize how thirsty you are for God?”  May God help each us in this audience to realize that the greatest hunger and thirst that we have is our hunger and thirst for God.

The condition of the soul that is distracted away from God: it is very sad how distracted away from God that men and women children and the aged are in the world today.  They don’t realize how much that they need God.

Psa 42:5  Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

This is a figure of speech, but I think that it is true: there are a million souls that are disquieted within.  They are in a turmoil in their soul and have great needs on the inside.  They are going to extremes to try to find the satisfaction that they will never find as far as what is available in the world.  It doesn’t matter either how far up the ladder they go or if they go to the streets, their soul is disquieted.

I really need an anointing, discernment, and wisdom.  We are flooded with people that have needs and we will never be anyone’s savior.  The need of the hour of disquieted souls is Jesus, bible salvation, and bible sanctification.  People need the experience of Jesus dying on the cross to be real to them.  Jesus paid much to bring them salvation.

They need the experience of being washed; of going through the door which is Jesus, and of receiving the bread and oil that will do something for a disquieted soul.

There is light for our pathway.  We live in a dark world where people are groping at the wall trying to find something that will satisfy.  The wall of sin will never satisfy.  “I’ve tried the road of sin and found its prospects all deceive.”  All that road will bring is more disquiet, disappointment, and disillusion. 

I read in Chambers, “It is a wonderful thing when we reach the place where we allow ourselves to become God’s responsibility.  When we say, “I have surrendered and measured to you, I am your responsibility.”

Paul to those on Mars: “In him we live and move and have our being.” 

This is a wonderful place of perfect love and freedom.

David knew his great need of God and he wrote of the distractedness of being cast down and being disquieted. 

Anyone that knows about what is going on in the world today know that they are writing prescriptions that deal with depression and oppression in more number than I buy fishing flies.  The reason that people are oppressed and depressed is because they have forgotten about God.  David nailed it down here in Psalms 42:7.

Oppression and depression is not new.  It is an old story.  The answer:

Psa 42:7  Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

Deep needs and deep longings, call for deep things from God. 

You need to have deep longings in your heart.  We don’t want to be shallow.  Deep longings recognize…  One of the toughest things to do is to get people to recognize that they have a deep longing in their soul.  If we recognize that, then we feel responsible to not only ask God for the need but to seek and knock. 

This God that created the trees… This God that I know is so great that He made me with a built in longing that is hungering after God, and more of God, and more of God.  Creation is one of the most beautiful things in the Word of God.  It helps me know why I have a being. 

Oh that my soul could more encompass, take in more of God.  Would God be there and yet not cause you to have more of God?  God is not that way; God has never held a carrot out to a rabbit and not given it to it.  God is able to abundantly satisfy. 

God help us to not be distracted.  It is tough to not be distracted.  If you become distracted then you will get cast down and then disquieted within your soul.  If your mind doesn’t upset you then someone’s tongue will upset you.  I cannot control someone else’s tongue but I can control the effect that it has on me.  I cannot control what is written in a news paper, but I can control what I choose to dwell on and what effect I allow it to have on me.

God can help people recognize that they have a deep longing and a hunger for God.  People that are feeling the wall or searching the web or elsewhere will not find their help until they turn to the Word of God.

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

You can expect God to challenge you.  This eternal God that made you has wonderful plans for you in your lifetime.  It is not just for children ages four through eleven.  This God has a plan for everyone in this audience tonight to fill their life and their soul with good things from God. 

He said, ask, seek, and knock.  There is a vast difference between asking and seeking for something, there is a vast difference between seeking and knocking and keeping knocking.  We give up way too soon. 

1Co 2:10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Deep…  David had great longings; he had a deep longing.  He is no different than you.  God knows our longings and He wants to help you and me to recognize that what we are really longing for is God, His Spirit, His direction, and His guidance. 

God created us, saved and sanctified us and has given gifts that have been left aside because of distraction.  People say, “But I have to…” 

Just a minute, have you ever talked to yourself?  “Why are you so distracted about that?  Don’t you realize that God has plans for you?”  I’m not trying to take away your hunting trip.  But we have hungers for God and only Jesus can satisfy. 

People go through a life time and then get to the end of it and realize that their life is very empty because they left God out.

Rom 11:33  O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

I hunger for the depth of wisdom.  However much wisdom that you have, you are a long ways from deep.   People get so comfortable they think, “I have wisdom, I handled something right in my life.”  Lay down your banners; humble your heart.  Oh for wisdom for that soul that you will meet tomorrow! 

You ask; do you seek and knock?  Oh the depth of wisdom and understanding.  We have been so beat up we’re almost afraid to say anything to someone about their soul.  People get bristly and they talk to others and others may get bristly. 

If we have a burden for a soul, having sought God, having asked, and sought, and knocked, asking God to direct and guide, we need to not let the thought of what people will say cause us to not reach out to them.

I am stirred up about people being lost and thinking that they will have a really good life in sin.  I don’t have really good vision but I don’t see the good life that people say they have out there.  My neighbor man that runs the restaurant and frequents other places… it doesn’t look that great to me. 

I admit: I don’t understand the pleasure that is out there.  I talked to a man and his daughter and the dad said, “We’ve made it, but I am concerned about my daughter who has a son and the dad isn’t real good to support him.”  It doesn’t look to me like sin is so good.

People are cast down and they have asked for it.  I’m not saying that we are to be obnoxious but we need to ask God for wisdom.

Eph 3:18  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Church, pray for me.  There is a lot of depth out there that I want to experience. 

Deep needs, deep hungering, and deep personal attributes that need to be moved out of my life; deep desire for God, the living God; deep calls for deep.

Psa 42:7  Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

Waterspouts:  they are something that God ordained where wind and water come together and it makes a gathering.  As it gathers it forms a cone and then comes down, it isn’t a tornado but it is similar to a tornado.  In areas that the waterspouts that David was referring to where they come down they can literally cut a chunk out of the mountain.  They are really powerful.

If there is something that you need moved, God can move it.  It takes a heart cry from you for it to happen.  God can really do a job on me in showing me my needs.  He looks deep.  When he says, “son there is something in there that totally needs rearranged in your life.”  God says, “I’m God.” 

When you hear God sending His word, the Word and the Spirit, water with wind, the waterspouts, when God comes down on you, then we say, “God work your work and I will give you all the glory.”

Waves and billows are designed to enlighten us of our needs.  If your life has troubled waters in it, let God help them to put you on your knees, ask, seek and knock and there is no question, God will answer prayer.


No comments:

Post a Comment