Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Brother Gary Kelly Wednesday Evening 9/19/12



Brother Gary Kelly Wednesday Evening 9/19/12
Rev 3:6  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

God is speaking, are people hearing?  God has definite directions and goals for us today.  God has plans and things for us to do.  We are happy that He does.
I want to live where I can hear the Spirit of God speaking to me. 

Isa 30:21  And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

This is the way:  the lesson on the thought of ‘the way’ would probably be a dozen lessons.  The word, way, here means the course of life.  Tomorrow morning you are going to start down a way, God wants you to choose, The Way.  The second meaning to ‘way’ is a mode of action.  God has a course of life or direction that He wants us to go and God wants us to take His mode of action. 

Before Sunday you will face things where you will be challenged if not forced to take some mode of action.  There are actions and reactions, bounds and rebounds.  God has a definite way and a definite action; it is important that we know both.

You will pray tomorrow and it is important that you pray God’s way and for the mode of action that God would choose.  We have a tendency to try to tell God how to work with someone.  We don’t need to tell God how to work; we need to ask God to help us to know how to work. 

I asked my wife to pray that I could talk to a man on spiritual things.  I didn’t know where to go.  Whether to push ahead or have God open the door was unknown to me. 

There are times when you will know.  You and I want to be right in the center of the will of God so that we can hear the voice behind us saying, “This is the way, walk ye in it.”

God waits to be gracious.  If you have a list to pray for, God’s judgment is exceeded by His mercy. 

Isa 30:18  And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.

Not only is God waiting to be gracious for those that we are praying for; but for us: “God is waiting to be gracious to you.”  God helps us to see ourselves in other’s actions.  We think, “That was an ugly thing to do.”  Then we realize that we have acted in just that way.  When God shows us ourselves then He is being gracious.

Isa 30:26  Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

We are blessed to have the light of the Old and of the New Testament in this day.

Psa 119:1  ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

The straight and narrow way, the course of life, the mode of action:  there are some paths that I never plan to travel.  That path that the young man took past Hidden Lake at Glacier is one of them.  He had it in his mind that he could go from Hidden Lake to Lake McDonald. 

There are some paths that we must travel in order to make our election sure.  We want to take every precaution as we travel as to what is working to encourage us and what is working to distract us.  We can be traveling and be distracted; I don’t want to be distracted.

We are blessed to have found the straight and narrow way.

Psa 119:9  BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

This word ‘way’ is a total different ‘way’: it is his way, the broad way.  We got the message for anyone that wants to clean up their life. 

I believe that it was bro Paul Turnbow who preached many years ago that the communist’s plan to overtake America was not with guns, but they planned to destroy our morals.  He was right.  If America would repent of their immoral actions then there would be a whole different type of revolution than people think may happen today. 

That father that was telling me of his daughter who had a son whose father wouldn’t support the child… If people would repent then they would take care of their own.  May God help us to be stirred about morals, about individuals that live loose and free and want no responsibility for their actions.

Psa 119:14  I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.

Way – course of life, mode of life, the straight and narrow way. 

Money doesn’t mean much to me, the truth of God’s word means a lot to me.  Money comes and goes. I’m not overdrawn; I checked it out.  We are ok, but we had a scary time. 

I rejoice more in the Word of God than riches.  I have seen the rich and have worked around them and for them and I am not impressed with them. 

Gal 5:25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

1Th 5:19  Quench not the Spirit.

Rev 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

You will have voices knocking on your door tomorrow, some voices you don’t want to open to.  We want to recognize the voice of God and open to Him.  He is bringing something with Him.  He wants to sup with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment