Thursday, April 16, 2015

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 4/15/15

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 4/15/15
However far up Mt Zion I have gone, I want to go higher.  I want to have victory over the world in every way.  I am so thankful that we have been taught songs.  I found the song, “Common Garments” on the internet and listened to it last week. 

Luk 6:19  And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

I wish every one of you could have seen Patty.  She is a little mother with small children and a husband named, Bob.  We pay a premium price for eggs from them.  When we pass through Dixon, we sometimes call, “Can we buy eggs from you.”  We stop there because there is a husband, a wife, and three children that need God. 

We stopped there and she said, “I cannot turn around, because I am standing here on wobbling legs.”  She has had a stroke and is trying to walk again.  She said, “Your eggs are back over there, Bob brought them in.”  I don’t care if I get the eggs or not.  I just want to stop there.  When the presence of God goes with you, you don’t know what will happen.

There was a crowd.  Jesus went down to the multitude, He healed their diseases.  There were those that were vexed with unclean spirits and Jesus healed them too.  The whole multitude sought to touch Him: for there went virtue out of Him and healed them all.

Virtue came out of Him: there was a miracle.  However many times in my life I have needed a miracle.  The greatest miracle is Bible salvation, sanctification, and to live holy, to have a pure mind and look at whoever with purity, to be able to look and not want to swindle anyone out of anything. 

I can look at the banker and wave, not for an ulterior monetary purpose, but to think, “I’d like to talk to him about his soul.”  Those that we are burdened for need a miracle, that miracle they need is Bible salvation.

Parents with challenged children have things to deal with in their lives that you and I don’t know about if we don’t have handicapped children.  The miracle they need is not for their child to be fixed, they need salvation.  People can be so selfish and so self-seeking that they create much trouble for themselves.

Our neighbors need miracles.  The miracle they need is not just healing.  I needed a miracle of being able to draw near to God.  Fanny Cosby wrote, “Near to the heart of God.”  Other songs say, “I have a longing in my heart for Jesus,” and Sister Sue sings, “Touching Jesus is all that really matters.”

Virtue also means ability.  This is a personal testimony:  I don’t want to ever preach with condemnation, but I do desire to preach with conviction.  I am convicted with the thought of touching Jesus and having ability.  The ability that I am looking for, and need a miracle to receive, is to be keen in the spirit.

There are opportunities that are sometimes lost because people are drunk.  “I really don’t have time to do this…”  No, wherever God sends you, you have time.  Sometimes I feel, “I only have this little bit of time.”  No, I have all the time that God is going to give me.  If I am late getting home because I am working for God, Karen knows I am not late for some frivolous reason.

If a little time given this boy will help him miss the terribleness of sin…, sin is terrible.  I asked a man that was begging for money, “How did you get here?”  He said, “I was in the military, got hurt, discharged, came to be with family, and life has fallen apart.”  I asked him, “Do you have an alcohol problem?”  He said, “Yes, I do.”  I said, “I may not ever see you again.  I will give you a little money and I want to tell you, ‘There is a God in heaven and you need to seek and find Him.’”

We don’t want to forget the needs of your own family.  “Hide not from thy own flesh.”

Isa 58:7  Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Keenness.  (We can get drunk, loose our balance and our sense.)  There is strength to bear the burden, if we can touch His garment. 

That old lady pastor that you used to have would talk about ‘praying through’, ‘laying hold on God’, and ‘not giving up’.  She got frail, but there was a source of strength. 

Do you have a burden from God?  “I am so burdened, this need has to be met.”  Remember the little widow and the unjust judge.  She was little, poor, and may not have even had eggs for nutrition, but she didn’t give up.

We have to have strength.  Strength to have a good filter.  Your minds will be targeted by people, by the devil, by the news media...  We must have a filter of our own, “I don’t want to go there.”

Virtue means abundance: abundant life.

We live in a day that people will let their cup fill up of the world, the lust of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes, and the pride of life.  Isn’t it amazing, there are people in our valley that say, “Life is not worth living?”  They sit around like Eli, they have no plans.  “I’m not going to grow a garden, not going to mow the lawn, not going to take a vacation.” 

How do they get in that shape?  They don’t touch Jesus.  He gives meaning to life.  He causes people to want to do something other than live for themselves.  If we will touch Jesus we will have meaning to life.  If we don’t touch Him, then we will go on with meaningless living.

Character: a real brother, a real sister, not just this thought of, “We are church of God.”  Instead, being church of God in character:  when one has a heartache, we all have a heartache.  When one has a burden, we all help carry it.  When one is going through a tough place, we are all going through a tough place. 

There is a lot we can do.  Don’t limit what you can do if you touch the hem of His garment.  There went out virtue out of Him.  You and I can touch Jesus.  Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  You can have more of what you need in your life.

He healed them.  Men and women that you and I are dealing with, a lot have physical elements that they need healed of, we know that.  Only God can heal people emotionally.  God can come to the rescue in bad situations. 

Mat 5:3  Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed be the poor: When you and I realize how much we need God.  How many families do you know that are dressed in the rags of self-righteousness or the rags of being church members?  They think they are just fine.  When people are poor and realize that they need something. 

Mat 5:4  Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5  Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6  Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Blessed are those that mourn.  Now is the time to weep.  When they are in the casket it is too late then.

Mat 5:7  Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8  Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10  Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11  Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.



No comments:

Post a Comment