Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 4/19/15

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 4/19/15
This morning the message I have on my heart is the message of spring.  Every year we remember the birth of Christ, the death, and the resurrection of Christ.  I am so glad that every year spring has come.

We want to be the Church of God in action.  We don’t want to be a Sardis church. 

Son 2:8  The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.
Son 2:9  My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
Son 2:10  My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
Son 2:11  For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
Son 2:12  The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
Son 2:13  The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

The voice of my beloved:  it is wonderful to know that you are loved.  Maybe often, maybe seldom, you receive phone calls from those that you know really love you.  It is wonderful to hear the voice of our beloved call to us.

Those that are suffering condemnation this morning: there is a strong portion of the world, we’ll speak mostly of America this morning, those outside the church and bible salvation, there are millions that live under condemnation every day.  They feel so guilty about their life of sin.  There is a definite message from the beloved to those that are suffering under condemnation this morning. 

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Then Jesus said, “I came not to condemn the world, for it was condemned already.”  Men and women realize, “It is not right.”  They have allowed the spirit of the beast and the false prophet to put a patch on their condemnation but they still feel it every day.

The Spirit of the beloved doesn’t come to condemn but He comes to convict.  I love to feel the spirit of conviction.  The most dangerous position that an individual can get into is to rest upon past blessings and past histories.  We need to recognize that we are so poor that we need the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit every day.

Jesus gave us the teaching:  Blessed are the poor.  You are poor when you really feel you are needy before God, you shake and tremble before God.  You realize that you are going to give account for every word.  Even our actions are weighed. 

Blessed are they that weep.  Sometimes we are put into a position where we wonder, “What if one of our grandchildren, our sons in law, or daughters died?”  I think of when I’ve stood beside those that have lost a son, a daughter, a grandchild… 

We want to weep now.  I thank God for however broken you are this morning.  The Bible says, “Blessed are they that weep.”  Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet.  We can try to shield ourselves from pain but that will not help souls.

Blessed are they that hunger.  I believe that everyone here worked hard this last week.  I prayed as I went to bed for God to help me to feel excited in the morning about serving God.  He spoke to me that whether I felt excited or not He wanted me to seek Him for an anointing.  Seek Him for worship. 

It doesn’t matter how we feel.  God is still God.  It is up to us to get a hold of God and have that divine anointing come into our life. 

The beloved is standing behind our wall.  There is a song, “There is an eye watching you.”  We can become ill at ease when we see someone that we don’t know watching our place.  That is something to be concerned about. 

Another thought is the message of spring.  In 2015, Jesus Christ the eternal Son is going to watch and see what you are going to do with spring of 2015. 

This is a very special spring.  Last year you were not as mature as you are today.  Last year whatever the challenges you faces were not the same as they are today.

You can take the attitude, “I am free.  I am going to live it up and not be responsible.”  That doesn’t change the face that He stands watching.

He calls to us.  In Western Montana, winter can start in October.  The flowers are appearing, the garlic is up, and the baby cows are being born.  I am not going to say that winter is over.

The winter of the soul is disastrous for many souls.  These long winter days in Western Montana where the sun doesn’t come up until after 8:30 and goes down about 4:00.  It affects our body.  Your body affects your soul. 

Pro 24:30  I went by the field of the slothful, and by the vineyard of the man void of understanding;
Pro 24:31  And, lo, it was all grown over with thorns, and nettles had covered the face thereof, and the stone wall thereof was broken down.
Pro 24:32  Then I saw, and considered it well: I looked upon it, and received instruction.
Pro 24:33  Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
Pro 24:34  So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.

We see the winter condition on the soul.  The winter season can put souls into a slothful condition.  The danger is that when the soul goes into a slothful condition, then when the spring comes the soul is scattered into a dozen directions, not that any of them is sinful, it just does not produce life and springtime in the soul.

The wall of salvation can become broken down if you don’t take care of it.  Then it won’t be long until there are things growing on those walls.  The cares of life, the deceitfulness of riches, and the love of other things entering in are the thorns that come up. 

The springtime of the soul is described as the flower appearing on the earth in Songs of Solomon chapter 12.

In the natural realm even before Karen’s domestic flowers began to come up, I hiked into the mountains and the snow was gone and when we found a place where the sun had shone, then we found the buttercups.

God wants the flowers to appear.  He wants our life beautiful.  You can allow all the negative things of this world to rest upon you and soon you become alkaline, hardened, and as the desert.  Soon the flower cannot grow hardly and if you backslide then it cannot grow.

This is the springtime of the soul this morning.  We see these precious children growing.  You are so blessed to not be handicapped.  You are blessed to have the ability to learn.  If we had handicapped children here, we would love and care for them.  It is the extreme mercy of God.  We need to be thankful for what God has given us.

There is a challenge for the mothers 2015.  My mother had the challenge of going out catching the rooster, chopping the head off for Sunday dinner.  My dad was probably milking the cow.  You sisters may not be challenged to kill the goose or chicken for Sunday morning but mothers are really challenged today.  We as the church want to help them meet that challenge and be a support.

Isn’t it wonderful that God gives us a song?  I believe that we need to look for a song from God every day, a living and an alive song, enthusiastic and uplifting, a song that has substance to it.  God knows how to give a song.

My mother had a songbook.  I don’t let it leave the house.  I say that you should make a songbook.  There will be times in your life that you will not have the internet.  Have something that you can get your hands on.  “God gave me this song when I was in a battle, a heartache, on the top of a mountain, when I lost my son, when I had a new grandbaby…” God gives us a song.

The trees begin to bud and to produce fruit.  We understand watching for the buds of fruit trees.  You want to use dormant oil first before anything begins to happen so you get all the little eggs that have been planted in the crevices and around the tree so that they don’t come to life.

Before anything begins to grow in our heart and life.  We want to say, “God give me a good spraying of the oil of the Holy Spirit, before any bugs get into my life that will turn our fruit from being perfectly formed to being imperfect.”  The perfect pear cannot have worms in it.

God wants our spiritual tree to get ready to blossom, to bud, and to bear flowers for fruit.  You and I are responsible, “God I will take care of this ground.  I will take care of this tree.  I won’t let the old bugs get back in.”  You may remember that thing that hindered you in 2014.  One way to get rid of those bugs is with a fresh baptism of the Spirit of God.

Serpents are very uncomfortable around vines; this is something that I learned when studying.  Jesus is the true vine and we are the branches.  There is a design for us to be grafted in.  There is a warning, “Take the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vine.”

Moses’ thoughts to us are to number the spring times.  I wish I had kept a journal.  When I went to school, we didn’t buy any paper or pencils.  They served us paper.  I wish I could remember the first time that God ever spoke to me in the spring.  I wish I could remember the first time that God stood at my window.  God stands and wants to talk to boys and girls. 

I don’t allow it to affect me this way but I would live in constant fear for our youth today if I didn’t know God.  There are spirits that are lurking around.  There are teachers that are not qualified to be teachers.  Individuals whose lives and minds are corrupt. 

Pray.  Teach your children, “God will visit you and will stand to see if you will be swayed by the crowd or if you will say, “God what do you have to say?””

Children, at a young age, spring 2015:

Psa 90:12  So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

You are blessed to have the opportunity to say, “Teach me this springtime; help me to learn the lesson well so that I don’t have to learn it again.”

For all of us here, He will stand spring 2015.  He won’t bully His way into your life.  He is not a bully.  He won’t take measures of forcing you to serve Him.  But He will speak to you.

Psa 90:13  Return, O LORD, how long? and let it repent thee concerning thy servants.

“If I didn’t get it last time, come back one more time.”  Has God ever dealt with you on a subject and you measured and perhaps wintertime of the soul caused you to lose what you gained?  Then spring came and you began to seek after God and He said, “Daughter, or Son, you have lost what I helped you to gain.  You say, “God come back and help me to keep that which I have gained from you.”

My story will be very sad unless I am satisfied with Jesus.  If you will be satisfied with Jesus you will rejoice.  God has a way of making your life sweet.  God will give meaning to your life.

Psa 90:14  O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.

CW Naylor had suffered a great injury.  He sought God and God gave meaning to his life.

Psa 90:15  Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil.

God has a job for everyone springtime of 2015.  You may feel that someone else could do it better.  That has no bearing whatsoever.  The bearing is, “Is He standing there looking?”  Then you begin to fellowship and commune with Him.  He begins to lay a burden on your soul.  That is His work. 

Our boundaries on internet: that cannot take the place of God’s job for you in Sanders County in 2015.  Some people will allow modern technology to rob God and His work out of their life. 

There is nothing like doing what God wants you to do.  God has a job for us.  There is no greater work than helping our brothers and sisters in Christ.  I don’t know what God wants you to do.  It is your responsibility to find that out.  Then don’t let facebook or internet or anything else to hinder you from doing what God wants you to do. 

Have the attitude, “I’d rather do the will of God then know everything that is going on in every life in the world.”  I don’t want to know.

Let us know our place in your labors.  There is no place in His labors to be critical or slothful. 

Psa 90:16  Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children.
Psa 90:17  And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it.

There is nothing like seeing a life with the beauty of the Lord upon it.  There is nothing like knowing that you are well dressed.  Let the beauty of the Lord be upon us. 

Do you remember that last occasion where something happened that disgusted you so bad.  You wondered, “Should I be disgusted or seek God?”  I knew that He was watching through the window.  I chose the higher route and I am so glad that I did.

It is spring.  I am so happy that we get another spring.  Another spring with our grandchildren.  I am happy that you fathers have another spring.  I am happy that you mothers have another spring.  I am happy that the body of Christ has anther spring.  God has a design for us this spring 2015.  The beloved is speaking, watching, and has a plan.

I thought of John.  He was there with Jesus, if not from the beginning, almost from his beginning.  He lived to be older than me.  He wrote the word, “Beloved, I wish above all things that you prosper and be in health even as thy soul prospers.”

However challenged you have been this spring, may God fan that challenge.  You say, “I came out of the winter season and am looking around me and there are so many things that I am not sure where to start.”  Start with loving God first and foremost.  Start with the thought, “The Beloved is watching me.  He is going to guide my life past the pitfalls and the snares.”

I know personally young ladies and young men that are suffering so much from condemnation.  I am not going to go into their past, but you have the opportunity and privilege to say, “The beloved has the very best for me.” 

When you count the cost you only see what you are giving up not what He is adding.  He has the very best for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment