Friday, January 3, 2014

Brother Gyme Sunday Morning 12/29/13



Brother Gyme Sunday Morning 12/29/13
A new beginning:  Because we are human and deal in time it is important that we think on the New Year and think about the last year.  It is important that we leave some things behind.  The baggage that attaches itself to us we need to leave behind.  It is important that we don’t get weighted down by last year’s things.

We are sometimes misunderstood and hurt by those that we love the most.  It is not on purpose but we become hurt.  If we are not healed, it becomes a sickness to us and it weighs us down. 

There were some things that I failed God on in 2013.  It is important that we give it to God and remember that God is a God of new beginnings.

Dan 2:44  And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

We finished the Christmas season and read of the birth of Jesus.  God established His kingdom through His birth.  There was a new Covenant established and He did away with the old covenant.  It did not destroy the law but fulfilled the law. 

We must have a new beginning.

Joh 3:1  There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
Joh 3:2  The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
Joh 3:3  Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4  Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5  Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

God has set up a kingdom, an everlasting kingdom.  The ruler is Jesus Christ.  The only way to enter this kingdom is to be born again, born of water and of Spirit.  The water is the water of the Word.  We must come according to the Word of God.  Once we do that we are born and have that new Spirit of life.

Joh 3:7  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8  The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

When we are born of the Spirit it is just as real as us walking out and feeling the wind on our face.  We will know when it happens. 

Baptism is a word that means to be cleansed.  We must be cleansed by repenting.  “Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”  To be born again we must be born by the Word of God, obey the Word of God.  We must be through with the sin business.

Sin is anything that you know is wrong.  If I don’t know it then I am not accountable to it.  We all witnessed in our heart when we were living in sin that it was wrong.  I was chief.  I knew that what I was doing was wrong.

Baptism of repentance to the Children of Israel.  Here is a man after God’s own heart that fell away and needed to repent:

Psa 51:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet came unto him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba. Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Psa 51:2  Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
Psa 51:3  For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.

We must recognize that we need to be cleansed and need a savior if we are going to come to God in repentance.

Psa 51:4  Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Psa 51:5  Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Psa 51:6  Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psa 51:7  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8  Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9  Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

God is a merciful God.  At times even in our Christian walk we can get off balance and our spirit get out of line.  We can say, “God I see where I got off track, forgive me.”  As we come back God creates a newness of heart and we become a new creature.

The kingdom is not literal.  It is righteousness, peace, and joy.  There is a lie in the world that there will be a literal kingdom.  It is a lie from hell to keep men and women from making it to heaven.  They think that they will have a chance later to be saved. 

The Bible says, “Today is the day of salvation.”  God wants all to be saved.  We can all be a part of the kingdom of God.  The mark of the true kingdom is there is righteousness there.  If you do not have peace and joy then you are not in the true kingdom.

The mark of all the false is they will be self-righteous.  If the King of the kingdom is not in his rightful place then some man takes his spot.  When man gets into that position there will be self-righteousness.  He cannot see and judge as the judge that sees and knows all.  There will be no peace.

How is it with you?  Do you have peace?  It is our responsibility to have Jesus in His rightful place in our heart as King on His throne.

2Co 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

How we know we have repented and have the experience is we are not the same creature that we were when we walked away from the altar.  God is a God of new beginnings. 

We need God to end some things in our lives.  We must bring them to Him and He will end them for us.

Luk 17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

No one can take this kingdom from you.  It is within you and is a spiritual, not a literal, kingdom.  We must come before God with the Lord of Hosts sitting upon the throne of our heart.  We must come in peace and in righteousness.  His kingdom is a kingdom of peace.

People may want to add you or subtract you from the kingdom and that is not in their hands or power.  Only God can add or subtract you.  It is a spiritual kingdom. 

It doesn’t make you a part of the kingdom to come to this church in Paradise.  It is coming by the water and the Spirit and obeying the Word of God.  It is having Him on the throne of your heart.  It is not found in a building. 

God wants you to be with those that have been established in His kingdom.  The call to those that are saved in Babylon is to come out.  Babylon is a habitation of devils.  Come out from falseness and a kingdom that has not been established according the Word of God. 

His is the only everlasting kingdom.  All the other kingdoms will fall.

Dan 7:14  And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Start with the first thing that Jesus shows you and He will help you enter the kingdom of God.  People that knew me before I came to the kingdom couldn’t imagine me without a beer in my hand.  Those that knew me since say, “Gyme I can’t imagine you with a beer in your hand.”  A new beginning!

Rev 1:4  John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
Rev 1:5  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Rev 1:6  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Kings that we can reign over sin.  There was a time in my life that I could not reign over sin, it reigned over me.  When we come to God and have a new beginning, He gives us power to reign over sin. 

We can be a priest and offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God.

Dan 7:27  And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The saints possess the kingdom.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3  And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

God has always had a people that worshipped Him in Spirit and in truth.  There were times when they were scattered as in the dark ages, but God has always had a people.  We must worship Him in Spirit and in truth.  The way to do that is to obey the Word of God. 

What I know is that I am only accountable to the light that God shows me.  When God says, “Gyme you need to get this right.  I step to the line.”  I am only accountable to the light that God shows me.

We try to make things difficult.  God is a God of simplicity.  It is really that simple: that we walk in the light.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

We have the eternal kingdom to look forward to.  This kingdom is now.  It is here.  It is a spiritual kingdom.  It is also an eternal kingdom.  When this life is past, all the struggles will be over.  There will be no more tears and no more pain.

Rev 21:5  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

He is a God of new beginnings.  God’s Word has never failed.  These words are true and faithful.

Rev 21:6  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

There are some things that He wants to start in your life and there are some things that He wants to end in your life.  We must end this year right.  God wants us to end this year right.  He is alpha and omega, the beginning and the end.

Have you ever been really thirsty?  Usually I am thirsty when I am hunting and have been hiking a lot.  This thirst is a thirst that cannot be satisfied with just water but can only be satisfied with Christ:  The water of the Word of God. 

I chased after so many things in sin to try to satisfy but it does not.  You only want more and more.  You get something and think it will satisfy and when it does not then you go further and further.

Rev 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

This writer was going through a battle.

Lam 3:17  And thou hast removed my soul far off from peace: I forgat prosperity.
Lam 3:18  And I said, My strength and my hope is perished from the LORD:

Sometimes in life we go through trials and difficulties.  Life can be difficult.

Lam 3:19  Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall.
Lam 3:20  My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.
Lam 3:21  This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
Lam 3:22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

God is a compassionate God.

Lam 3:23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
Lam 3:24  The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
Lam 3:25  The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Lam 3:26  It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.


No comments:

Post a Comment