Thursday, January 9, 2014

Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 1/8/14



Brother Gary Wednesday Evening 1/8/14
Psa 48:12  Walk about Zion, and go round about her: tell the towers thereof.
Psa 48:13  Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell it to the generation following.
Psa 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

The palace I want to talk about is:

Psa 5:7  But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

The thought is the palace of prayer, of meeting with God, of being directed by God, and of coming into the presence of God.  One of the greatest secrets I need to learn is Selah: stop, pause, consider, and be directed by Him.

Psa 5:3  My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.

I covet your prayers for this.  There is not much of me that feels like a race horse at 67, but my mind races around way too early in the morning.  The one thing that is vital is that I make contact with God in the morning, be still before Him, and there I ask Him to cause my mind to stop and cause my mind to pause.

We don’t have answers for our own situations.  Everyone in this audience feels the burden of the premature baby, of sister Dorothy’s sister, of the brother’s job.  Our mind racing around doesn’t give any answers.  But when we are still before God, our faith causes God to work. 

We need to quiet ourselves before God, because all the time I am praying my mind looks for answers.  God wants us to Selah. 

“God there is this situation in my life and there are these decisions to be made.”  100 years from now it will not matter what floor we put in the basement or if we put any floor.  My mind can go 101 miles an hour wondering about it.  It doesn’t do anything for anyone spiritually. 

God help me to Selah: to pause, to lift my voice to God.  “God you see these prayer requests, these needs of manifold conviction in my life first and in Roger’s life.  

‘I will direct my prayer to thee and look up.’  My expectancy will be only from you: God we are expecting you to work.

Psa 5:7  But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.

I will have godly fear.  Don’t you love conviction that has godly fear?  “God help me to use my mind and time how you want me to use them.  Help me to be prepared Saturday night, Sunday all day.”  The fear of God helps us to realize that “I’m really an accountable person.”  Everyone has lots of prayer requests.

Psa 5:8  Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.

Part of life is for people to get you in their sights.  You don’t have to do anything for people to get you in their sights.  They are carnal, like to talk about people, and are mean and gossips.  They like to take a magnifying glass to someone else.

David cried out, “Lead me oh God in thy righteousness because of my enemies.”

It is wonderful how God knows how to lift up a standard in our hearts.  I remember how a man had it in for me and had the ear of the boss.  I watched them perform, they were lunching together. 

I remember God saying, “Today is the day.”  I walked into their audience and said, “I want to have a talk with you; I have had all of this that I can take.”  I told them that “Every time that I go on a delivery I make money for you and I could lose money for you.” 

They were shocked.  It was as if since I was a Christian they thought I would not stand.  They said, “Things will change Gary.”

When God says to take a stand, you don’t have to do it carnally.  He knows how to give direction.

He has a way of helping us walk straight.

Psa 5:11  But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Let those that put their trust in Him rejoice.  “God you have never failed.”  God has made a way for us in this audience over and over again.  It is ok to rejoice because the answer is coming. 

With favor thou wilt compass him.

Psa 5:12  For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

There are times we feel that everything is working against us.  God has a way of taking care of us.

Jer 10:23  O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

We have all been here and come to the realization that everything we do our way, messes up. 

Isa 45:13  I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways: he shall build my city, and he shall let go my captives, not for price nor reward, saith the LORD of hosts.

God gave the prophecy and told Isaiah that He himself would direct King Cyrus.  He has been directing the affairs of mankind form eternity.  He used Cyrus to cause the highways to connect so the wise men and others could get to Jerusalem and Bethlehem and throughout the known world then.

There will be times in our life, unless God lifts us from the valley, we will be down there by ourselves.  God has a way of lifting up.  If you have something in your life that looks like too big of a mountain God has a way of moving the mountain down. 

God himself directs and guides.  It is wonderful that we are so blessed.  Don’t sit around twiddling your thumbs, look up to God and say, “God direct me.”  People get messed up in their thinking and wish something would happen.  This is how it happens: Let God direct and then do.

Isa 45:15  Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.

“I am God and there are times that I hide myself but I am God the savior.”  There are times when no one knows what God is doing but He is working. 

Isa 61:8  For I the LORD love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.

God will direct our work in truth.  Isn’t it wonderful to have God direct our work according to the teachings of the Word of God?

1Th 3:11  Now God himself and our Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, direct our way unto you.

‘God is getting ready to send me to you.’  Is God getting ready to send you to someone to be a blessing?   We all love for God to send us somewhere.  There must be individuals yielded to God, “God where do you want to send me to be a blessing.” 

How can I be a blessing?  There is no blessing greater than being a blessing.

2Th 3:5  And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment