Monday, July 15, 2013

Brother Gary Sunday Morning 7/14/13




2Co 1:3  Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;

God is the father of mercies!  He is the God of all comfort.

2Co 9:8  And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

Always!  That ye, always....  That ye always….  Every one of us has inadequacies and has great challenges to face.  Always have all sufficiency in all things.  Everything that would tax us, God has what we need so that we can be sufficient in all things.  He has everything that we need so that we can abound to every good work.

There is a place of all sufficiency.  There is a place where all sufficiency is supplied.  God gave the pattern to Moses and it has carried to the Gospel Day.  There is a reference made of the pattern even in heaven.  God gave Moses the pattern of the Tabernacle.

The Tabernacle was about fifteen by forty-five cubits.  Outside the Tabernacle was the brazen altar and the laver.  I want to get to the fact that there is a place of all sufficiency.  Inside there is the table of shew bread, there is the candlestick, the golden altar and a way into the Holiest of Holies where is the Ark of the Covenant and the mercy seat.

I’m glad that the mercy seat is still a part of the glorious Gospel.  I think of the prayer requests that come in.  Some are for those that are so innocent:  Little children that are in homes and those that come to vacation bible school. 

But there are those that this congregation is burdened for that are as Paul described of the Corinthians as to how they were before salvation.  I’m talking about my family.  My heart is broken when I think of where some of my family is this morning. 

Think of being in this maze not that was created by man but by the prince and power of darkness.  The only hope is that someone can find the mercy seat and pray, supplicate, worship and pleed with almighty God for souls.

The brazen altar was where in the Olden Testament the animals were offered.  In the New Testament it is where Christ was offered to bear the sins of many.  He bore our sin, who knew no sin.  I feel that I was the chief of sinners. 

When we go back to tabernacle worship and stop and pause to think that there was the very son of God offered so that you could be rid of your past and have a new presence.  There is much more to be said, it is a wonderful study.  If you have the Bible Readings for Bible Students, it is page 113. 

You don’t stop with the beginning, the brazen altar; you have the privilege of going to the laver.  You tell God, “You have washed me, but I will be washed.”  When men and women become desperate before God they say, “Heavenly Father, I so need you that I don’t care what you wash away.  I so need to meet with God and mercy.”

It doesn’t matter who in this world what your heart may be burdened for.  You should pray for children, they are often the target of evil.  You should pray for the sinner.  “Father, anything in my personality that needs to be changed, anything in the way that I think about things, anything in the way that I handle my time, my business, anything that makes me draw back in a shell and not do what you want me to, I must be washed of that because I must obtain mercy for this one.”

We saw a young school teacher that had a golf cart accident that is no longer with us, so we know how serious accidents are.  We must reach the mercy seat for this granddaughter of Sister Sharon’s. 

We have a God of miracles.  If you can see Jason, you see a miracle.  I like to look at miracles every once in a while.  There is a boy that never would have been normal and may have been in eternity if it had gone as the doctor said it could.  There were those that were willing to take the time and go before the mercy seat to plead with God. 

There are not any that have tasted of sin that doesn’t realize, “I could have gone past what anyone would have imagined but someone reached the mercy seat, someone cared for me.” 

You pray and think, “This is how I am about stuff, this is how I hang onto stuff, and this is how I deal with the factor of time.”  If there is anything to be washed in your life, if there is any hesitation, perhaps because of trespassed of the past, perhaps you don’t want to give everything to God and reach out to the saints because: what if you are hurt again?  You cannot have self preservation and reach the mercy seat. 

You cannot hold back and reach the mercy seat.  This is the day to give.  I’m not talking about your money, we need to give of ourselves and be willing to say, “I’m willing to risk what I thought I would never risk.  I’m going to give, I’m going to love, and I’m going to sacrifice.”  We enter the door of the Tabernacle.  That is the only way to reach the mercy seat and that is to go through the door.

In order to reach the mercy seat, you must come through the door.  In order to get through the door, you must unload everything.  Unload everything, “I have to get though the door.” 

As you enter the door, there are things that are already prepared.  The table of the shew bread is ready.  There is a lot of food for you spiritually.  There was a fresh olive oil with herbs that makes that literal bread taste even better to you. 

We set down to the Word of God today and it speaks to us over and over.  We enjoy it with the Holy Spirit of God.  It isn’t long until the light from the candle stick, the light of regeneration yes, but it is not only that, it is light.  It is so awesome when light from the Word of God and spiritual light comes.  It comes as a focus on the fleshly tables of our soul.  It sheds light and we say, “Thank you for the light.”

We don’t want to get to the mercy seat to just pray for loved ones; we are worshipping God.

We come to the golden altar where we present our self a living sacrifice.  We count the cost and give ourselves wholly to God and ask that the Holy Ghost purify us and that every trace of carnality be cleansed from us.  I will be found here over and over again offering the sacrifice of praise.

It is wonderful when God says, “Come to the Holiest of Holies.  Let me introduce you to the Ark of the Covenant.  In the day of Moses, I wrote with my finger on the tables of stones the commandments.  Today as you come in, I am writing on the fleshly tables of the heart.”  It isn’t a head knowledge only it is a heart knowledge. 

God ordained in Exodus 25:16-22, Moses this is how it is supposed to be, you build the ark a certain size, and put the things to the carry the ark just so.  Build the mercy seat out of pure gold. 

When I read this of the pure gold, it spoke to me so strong of the purity of God and the purity of His mercy.  I thought of the word mercy, I thought of the word, compassion.  They are words that came into being to describe God.  He is merciful, compassion describes God. 

I think of the two Timothys that are guilty.  The one is in prison because, as he said, “I am here because I deserve to be here.”  Everyone must come to the position of saying before they get saved, “I am here because I disobeyed God.”  The first Timothy was shot by his own father.  It is a world that I cannot even grasp.  It happened in our own area.  This is a horrible world and it is using all its powers, its distractions, and all it offers to keep you from getting to the ark of His mercy. 

All the principalities of the air are working with all their powers.  In Pilgrim’s Progress it speaks of this.  We are blessed to have the power of the word of God so that we can worship at the Ark of the Covenant.

Build the mercy seat of pure gold.  Build two cherubims of gold.  I wish I knew how to describe these cherubims.  I think of them of as angels.  They were to be on either side of the mercy seat.  Their wings were to come up and meet the other’s over the mercy seat. 

Exo 25:22  And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

Everyone in this audience gets lonesome for someone.  We’d like to meet with them.  There is a natural built in part of us that hungers for God.  It needs to meet and commune with God.  It is not just the thought, “I need to get a hold of God and tell Him that I need…”  No, it is like meeting an old acquaintance and you say, “Let’s just visit.  Let’s just be together.” 

This is how it was when God was dealing with Moses.  “There is going to be a place where I can meet and commune.”

Mercy and compassion describe God.  I preach openly this morning and ask this not of you but of myself.  “How can I receive mercy?”  My insufficiency is so great and my burdens are heavy.  The answer is to go to the sanctuary.  It is not just this building.  Yes God will help us in His house, but it must be more than just the little bit of time that we spend here. 

We recognize that we are so inadequate and are not sufficient in ourselves.  We hear the burdens of the family of God.  What answer do we have for our self this morning. 

Psalm 84 was written for the sons of Korah.  They had chosen to be different than some other family and different than their influences.  It was Korah that rebelled and the earth opened up.  It is wonderful that there have been sons and daughters clear back to Korah that had something in them that hungered for God. 

I am in the same generation, I hunger for God.  I must have mercy on my life and on my prayer life.

How amiable are thy tabernacles.  How beautiful it is that there is a place of sacrifice.  What sacrifice do I have to give?  Nothing to atone for my sin.  Jesus made the sacrifice.  We are not worshippers of statues, or of the hill where Jesus was crucified.  Spiritually I go back there and thank God that the price was paid that I could be forgiven.

It is wonderful that spiritually there is a place where you can go and wash.  We can be washed from that thing that makes us so ugly in the human and makes us so that we are worthless to God’s purpose. 

There are places where there are so many middle walls of partition.  Aren’t you glad that we serve a God that takes the middle wall of partition out of our heart?  I’m not against any culture.  But it is a mighty sad thing when people have never gotten in here far enough to get the middle wall of partition taken care of.  It is of our benefit to be able to get to the mercy seat of God.

Psa 84:1  To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm for the sons of Korah. How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!
Psa 84:2  My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
Psa 84:3  Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.
Psa 84:4  Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.

It is a blessing to be able to get to the shew bread, to be able to get light, and to be able to get understanding.  If you need wisdom this morning, you can get it right here.  You must pass the laver.  If you are going to hold onto self then you will never get to God.  If you are hanging onto self, I’d get rid of self, I’d get rid of the attitude. 

When light from heaven shines into your heart and says, “Son or daughter, this is not making you pretty, leave it here.  I can separate it from you and you will be praising God.”

There is no getting into the door and getting all these good things without praise.

Blessed is the man that gets his strength from tabernacle worship, from having the very presence of God, from coming here and saying, “I just want to praise you for what you have done.  I remember coming in so needy and you saved me.  I remember when you delivered me from the broad-way.” 

If you haven’t studied the broad-way then you should.  Everything goes.  “Don’t say anything about anything.  Anything goes.  Who are you to say?”  If the Spirit of God convicts my heart than I can say that it is wrong.  It is wrong if it happens to other people and it is wrong if it happens to your own.

Psa 84:5  Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
Psa 84:6  Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.

Passes through the valley of weeping:  That is life.  Our heart will be broken.  We will know disappointment, sleepless nights, and having hope and being disappointed.  When that happens, and it will, there is a wonderful teaching:  Go to tabernacle worship, pass by, and remember where you before and how you got to where you are. 

Remember that the words mercy and compassion describe God and as you pass through the valley of weeping you make it a well, a place to draw fresh and refreshing waters from.  We have been taxed and we will be taxed again, but there is a place to be filled. 

The rain of the Word of God falls gently and then you can go and say, “I’ve suffered loss but God gave me this song and God gave me this scripture.”

Psa 84:7  They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.

This is appearing before Zion and appearing before the mercy seat. 

Psa 84:8  O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.
Psa 84:9  Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.
Psa 84:10  For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
Psa 84:11  For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Psa 84:12  O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

Get to the mercy seat.  Do you need healing emotionally, physically, mentally?  Then get to the mercy seat.  Do you have a burden for someone?  Do you know someone that has a great need?  We must get to the mercy seat.  God promised, “I’ll commune with you there.”

I think of people that are so devil possessed that there is no hope in the world for them.  There is hope if someone can reach the mercy seat. 

I think of individuals that have made such a mess.  Someone would say, “They are gone.  They are totally gone.” Yes they are except someone reach the mercy seat on their behalf.  Someone says, “I’m going to get to the mercy seat.”

We have parents, grandparents, and great grandparents here this morning.  You say, “I am so burdened.”  Let me help you, God has made a plan whereby you can bear that petition to Him from a place where he waits to meet and commune.

I think of individuals that plead for someone with the court and with the teacher.  It may be that there is some mom or dad that comes in to talk to a teacher in this audience, “My son is struggling will you give him another chance?” 

There are some that have said no so many times that they don’t hear God speaking to them anymore.  They have handled strange doctrines, strange ideas, and strange spirits.  Yet, so had the Corinthians.  They had imbibed so many things that it had messed them up. 

As far as the world, it will try to put a big Band-Aid on them.  There is a place called the Holiest of Holies that men and women can go into and meet with God.  I was there this morning.  I was pleading with God for things that only God can change.  You can by faith reach there and you can tell God how much you want your daddy to be saved.  For you with unsaved family, you can tell God how much you want them to be saved. 

Life can experience great changes because of the mercy seat.  Timothy 1 can experience great things because God moves on them. 

There is a place called the mercy seat.  It is alright to go there and plead for sons, for daughters, for those that you love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment