Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Brother Gary Sunday Evening 7/10/16



Isaiah 35 shows the promise of the gospel Day:

Isa 35:1  The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.



All of us can remember the pit from which we were dug.  We remember our inability to bear the fruits of the Spirit.  In our best efforts to be kind and loving we failed miserably.  Through Jesus Christ that desert condition can be changed.

Blossom abundantly:  When we get saved, immediately we begin to bear fruit.  That desire, the blossom, to please God! 

I have been saved a while, I thank God that that desire has not diminished.  We live in the Laodicean period of time but I believe that there are a host of saints that have not been overcome by that spirit of being rich, increased with goods, and have need of nothing.  They have it settled in their heart that, “We are going to serve God.”

What would God have for us?  Does God have something special for some of the workers to do?  Next Sunday night is rest home service.  Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the next Sunday there was an outreach for young people and children? 

It is vital that we keep our desire.  “If you then be risen with Christ, set your affection on things above.”

Isa 35:2  It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the LORD, and the excellency of our God.



Rejoice with joy and singing:  One thought of meditation is having a song.  Our meditation turns into a song or into supplication.  Isn’t it wonderful to know how to be happy? 

I am glad that I have made my choice that the internet and the media will not take my song.  I know God.  I know what my God can do.  I know the testimony of Sister E. Faith Stewart. 

Job said, “I know my redeemer liveth.”

Get your inspiration, testimony, and song on your knees.  Any of these other things are just a source to take you away from God.  Stand in the ways; see and ask.

If you are thinking of going a certain direction ask those that went that way what it led them to.  There are so many that have chosen a different way: “I am not going to measure, I am not going to be pastored, etc.”  Where are they today? 

We are not going to let anything lead us to lose our joy and singing.

For all that enjoy the beauty of trees.  All the beauty of nature does not excel how great God is. 

There is nothing like seeing a beautiful maintained property with cattle and sheep, still it does not compare with what God has for us. 

When we are trying to help souls, when you feel, “God I need you so much.”  When you feel weak, don’t be embarrassed.  When I am exhausted I need to rest physically and rest in Jesus.

The message of the Gospel Day:  strengthen the weak hands.  If there is someone that is about to lose their grip on God, spend time on your knees.  Stay until God gives you a word of encouragement or else be quiet.

Confirm your feeble knees:  when one has not taken an active part before, if they stand with their knees trembling then we want to be, “We will stand behind to confirm the shaking knees.”

In 2016 the media has put a spell over people that people are full of fear.  They are afraid to go to the national parks.  The poor man that Brother Bill met won’t go out of the house.

Isa 35:3  Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees.

Isa 35:4  Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.



Behold your God will come with vengeance.  There is a God in heaven that ordained the law of sowing and reaping.  We don’t need to put our hand to it.  It is in God’s hands. 

God will take care of His people.  God will provide for His people.  Look around at this congregation.  No one knows how we make it or how this church survives.  God knows. 

God has taken care of His people.  God doesn’t fail.  I remember when I was in the shadow of death before Kathy was born.  I lay in that bed and prayed that God would allow me to see that baby.  My mom would come and pray all the way to Missoula that God would spare my life.  I have lived until July 10, 2016.  God has not failed us.

When I didn’t saw logs then I didn’t get a check.  I don’t know where the saints found it but mom kept bringing in checks from the saints. 

One of the saddest days in my mother’s life was when she heard that her son, Jack, had died in a car wreck.  She felt herself begin to faint and she cried out to God.  She said she felt the very hands of God strengthening her and a staff of grace in her soul.

I refuse to live by fear.

He will come and save you:  God will take care of everything.  The law of sowing and reaping is already established.  I pray for the mercy of God to those that have done me wrong.

Isa 35:5  Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.



It takes a miracle from God for literal and spiritual eyes to be opened.  The prince and power of the air has blinded so many to the good things from God.  Miracles happen because someone intercedes and prays.  The eyes open.

I am looking for sinners, no matter who, to be saved.

The ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.  Those that never thought they would listen to God come to the place, “God you speak.”

Isa 35:6  Then shall the lame man leap as an hart, and the tongue of the dumb sing: for in the wilderness shall waters break out, and streams in the desert.



If you are praying for someone that seems to be lame spiritually, there is a God in heaven that can heal that limp.  They can become a deer, and those things that always hindered them they will say, “I am not going to let that hinder me anymore.”  And zoom.

Don’t lose your song.  Have a song. 

God is God.  When God gives a song, you have a song. 

Streams in the desert:  you and I were the wilderness and the desert.  I believe there are those in this audience, you have a testimony to tell and to print how that you were once a desert but God caused a change to take place and now out of that heart flows a stream of living water.

The parched ground: isn’t it wonderful that lives that have been so dry and empty, wind-whipped over and over again, can become full of water?

We need to make sure we have a lot of water when we pray, teach, and sing.  People from Babylon are really dry.  Let the love of God, life, joy, a burden for souls, a testimony let them feel that and that parched ground of their soul will realize that there is something lacking.  Babylon leaves people dry and empty. Truth leaves them well watered.

A highway shall be there: travel a highway.  Don’t live below your privileges.  This is talking about a way that is higher than this world. 

“I am traveling a highway, a beautiful road, it leads up to heaven the home of the soul it is marked by his footprints, …”

A highway and a way.  There is a way to get above this world: Jesus is the way the truth and the life.  That is the Word of God.  Get above this world.  A way of holiness:  Clean eyes, clean ears, clean heart, and clean conscience

The wayfaring man:  a young man that had been on drugs got saved in the Carmichael congregation.  He had no mind to work.  A brother gave him a job and by doing so he got a job going around after him and picking up.  One day the scene changed. 

You may have a relatives that no one says can make it.  If you will get a heart cry out to God and let the body of Christ help then he shall be made whole.

The lions, the ravenous beast, cannot travel this highway.  Isn’t that encouraging and challenging?  Lord help my spirit to never be the spirit of a lion, ready to destroy anyone that doesn’t agree with me. 

Ravenous beast: people get on a hobby horse and it becomes a paranoia, a ravenous beast.  Sometimes people get it in for you.  “I am going to have his job.  I am going to mess up this.”  That may happen out there but there is a highway that those spirits cannot travel.

There are ugly spirits that are mean to their children, they are mean to their husband or in their wife.  As the man you married gets older, you need the law of kindness.  If there is any carnality or pride in your heart, you will become a beast mean and ugly. 

It is the same with us husbands.  As we age we realize, “God help me to stay humble before you.  Help me to remember how we made our vows.”  The wife is good to the husband and the husband is good to their wife.  That is how it should be.

Oh to be kind!  Those that care for the aged, go before God, “Let there be kindness.”  Anyone that works in the school or in the public, in real-estate, you deal with people whose work ethic is not very high.  It will be trying.  While you are running they may be standing around visiting.  You cannot make everything right.  You must have the law of kindness.

God help us to know how to treat people that don’t do a good job.  It wouldn’t be just in Plains school system where people would be sluffing off a little.  All that work in the public remember, “I am here to be an example.  I am not here to fix anything.  I am here only to be an example.”  If you feel a churning within then find an altar somewhere.

The redeemed.  Those that have been bought back.  When we were in sin, we were lost and without God.  Jesus went to the cross and shed his blood that you and I could be redeemed from all sin.  He suffered without the gate that you and I could be sanctified.  Isn’t it wonderful that we don’t have to be partially redeemed but can be totally redeemed?

Isa 35:7  And the parched ground shall become a pool, and the thirsty land springs of water: in the habitation of dragons, where each lay, shall be grass with reeds and rushes.

Isa 35:8  And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

Isa 35:9  No lion shall be there, nor any ravenous beast shall go up thereon, it shall not be found there; but the redeemed shall walk there:

Isa 35:10  And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.



I have proved this.  If I whine, then I don’t have joy.  When I have a song, then I have another song.  When I have good mediation then I have more good meditation. When I allow the ways of the world to creep in then I am unhappy here and there and somewhere else.

We serve a God that ordained that in Zion we would have songs, and joy, everlasting joy.  God in his abundance gives more joy and gladness. Sorrow and sighing flee away.


No comments:

Post a Comment