Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bro Bill Sunday School 4/3/11

Bro Bill Sunday School 4/3/11
Imagine going before a bad and wicked king:

Exodus 5:20-23 KJVR
(20)  And they met Moses and Aaron, who stood in the way, as they came forth from Pharaoh:
(21)  And they said unto them, The LORD look upon you, and judge; because ye have made our savour to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of his servants, to put a sword in their hand to slay us.
(22)  And Moses returned unto the LORD, and said, Lord, wherefore hast thou so evil entreated this people? why is it that thou hast sent me?
(23)  For since I came to Pharaoh to speak in thy name, he hath done evil to this people; neither hast thou delivered thy people at all.

Exodus 6:1-2 KJVR
(1)  Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
(2)  And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:

God is the Lord; He is able to take care of everything.

He said “I am the Lord” many times more in the rest of this chapter.

God wants us to know Him as the LORD.  There are times that the devil would like to shake us up.  He tried it on me this last week and I realized that I need to get a hold of myself and say, “Now wait a minute.”  

We know God is a God of help, a God of deliverance.  We know it, but God wants us to know it in a personal way.

Exodus 6:3 KJVR
(3)  And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

The name LORD means Jehovah, self existent and eternal.  God almighty means God all sufficient.  

Clark commentary- I believe the simple meaning is this, that though from the beginning the name Jehovah was known as one of the names of the Supreme Being, yet what it really implied they did not know.

I’m the type of person that I need things simple.  God wants us to experience and know Him in such a way that we experience Him as Jehovah.  The losses we have had cause us to experience him as being the supplier of our needs and our helper.  

This woman had experienced the goodness of God, because the oil never run dry:

1 Kings 17:15-22 KJVR
(15)  And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.
(16)  And the barrel of meal wasted not, neither did the cruse of oil fail, according to the word of the LORD, which he spake by Elijah.
(17)  And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.
(18)  And she said unto Elijah, What have I to do with thee, O thou man of God? art thou come unto me to call my sin to remembrance, and to slay my son?
(19)  And he said unto her, Give me thy son. And he took him out of her bosom, and carried him up into a loft, where he abode, and laid him upon his own bed.
(20)  And he cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn, by slaying her son?
(21)  And he stretched himself upon the child three times, and cried unto the LORD, and said, O LORD my God, I pray thee, let this child's soul come into him again.
(22)  And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived.

He prayed three times.

1 Kings 17:23-24 KJVR
(23)  And Elijah took the child, and brought him down out of the chamber into the house, and delivered him unto his mother: and Elijah said, See, thy son liveth.
(24)  And the woman said to Elijah, Now by this I know that thou art a man of God, and that the word of the LORD in thy mouth is truth.

Even though the pot did not run dry, her experience with her son helped her to know in a more personal way.  When God reaches down and helps us, then we know Him in a different and more real way.  

God is a God that answers our prayer.  We can rely on the God of heaven to come to our rescue for whatever the situation if we will keep ourselves clean.  The encouragement and the help that God gives us, will be just as real to us down the road and just as good as it was the day that He gave it.  It is given to us personally.  

God is with every one of us that take Him as our savior.  The children of Israel must have known the name Jehovah, but they did not know it in a personal way.  After He delivered them from Egyptian bondage then they sang the song, “I will sing unto the Lord for He hath triumphed … He is my father’s God.” (Exodus 15:1- )

They were owning up to the thought, “That the same God that delivered dour forefathers we’ve experienced in a personal way working on our behalf.”  

John 4:39-42 KJVR
(39)  And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.
(40)  So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.
(41)  And many more believed because of his own word;
(42)  And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

They had received conviction of truth and revelation from Jesus Himself.  God wants us to have the experience where this God that we serve is a reality to us personally.

Job 42:1-5 KJVR
(1)  Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
(2)  I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.
(3)  Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.
(4)  Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
(5)  I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

I’ve heard of Thee, but now after I’ve gone through all this, I see Thee.  Now I see the promise.  God wants us to experience Him in such a way that He is a reality.  

I feel my need of God helping us.  We can labor and labor and I appreciate how the saints have been working hard to reach out to souls.  It has been a good thing.  At the same time, I’ve felt the need to get a hold of God.  It is His help that we need; it is God that will come down.  

I believe that according to the scripture I cannot even open and close my hand without God.  God can move mountains if we will rely on Him.

Psalms 18:1-3 KJVR
(1)  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David, the servant of the LORD, who spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD delivered him from the hand of all his enemies, and from the hand of Saul: And he said, I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
(2)  The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
(3)  I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

David had gone through some things.  There was one time when David was on one side of the mountain and Saul was on the other and a messenger came to Saul and told him of the Philistines attacking the land and Saul left and David escaped.  This is why David could write of the Lord.

In Revelations God showed John that there was a God on the throne, someone that could take care of things. 
A jasper stone is exceedingly hard and almost indestructible.  

God is who we are going to trust in.  Ps 18:2.  I was studying this lesson and there came something to me that shook me up.  I thought, now wait a minute here, I need to get a hold of myself.  God is the one that will handle this situation.  You’re just flesh and blood like me.  We are just weaklings.  

Acts 12:1-5 KJVR
(1)  Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.
(2)  And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
(3)  And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)
(4)  And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
(5)  Peter therefore was kept in prison: but prayer was made without ceasing of the church unto God for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment